Come and sleep in one of our luxury rooms or suites and discover Provence by bike. 4 days of immersion by bike in the authentic Provence.
Sleep in Château La Roque, a prestigious historic bed and breakfast.
Take advantage of Château La Roque's ideal location in the heart of Provence, between Mont Ventoux and Luberon, to discover the landscapes of the Vaucluse at the rhythm of your bicycle. You will enjoy the comfort and tranquility of our charming guest rooms. When you return from your trip, you will love to rest in the calm of the gardens or by the pool. At dinner you will enjoy Jean's cuisine, full of flavours while admiring the superb views and the flamboyant sunsets.
4 days to explore Provence by bike close to nature
You use the itineraries we have prepared for you, cross the most beautiful landscapes of the Vaucluse, cross a lively market, pedal in the vineyards andlavender fields. You follow quiet little roads without too much effort thanks to your electric bike.
The content of your bike trip in Provence
Day 1: Welcome at the castle and first immersion in Provence
- From 15:00 - Greeting and welcome drink
- Relax or, depending on the time of arrival, go out and discover already some of the surroundings (ex: Pernes les Fontaines),
- 19:30 - Briefing on the stay, with the itineraries and GPS for the 4 days of discovery
- 20:00- Gourmet 3-course dinner drinks included at the castle.
Day 2: Discovery of the Luberon by bike: Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, Gordes, Abbaye de Senanque
- 8:30 - Breakfast
- 9:30 am – Receive your bikes and equipment
- For this first day, your itinerary will take you to the Monts de Vaucluse. First Saumane on its rocky peak, then Fontaine de Vaucluse and the mysterious source of the Sorgue. Don't miss the detour to the natural spring and the paper mill. After this visit, pedal to Gordes where it will be time for lunch after a stroll through the cobblestone streets of this famous village. In the afternoon, you will go to the Abbey of Senanque, a superb Cistercian abbey, then Venasque, which looks over the plain like a sentinel. Finally, just before your arrival at the castle, in Saint-Didier do not miss to taste the nougats at Silvain, confectionery farmers who produce their own almonds which are used in the composition of their nougats. Return considered around 6:30pm.58 km and 970 m of incline
- 20:00 - 3-course gourmet dinner (drinks included), at the castle
Day 3: The wine route by bike:Gigondas, Vacqueyras, Beaumes-de-Venise, Mont Ventoux.
- 8:30 - Breakfast
- 9:30 am - After breakfast, our cycling partner picks you up at the castle for your private transfer to Séguret, the starting point of your itinerary. Séguret is a village classified among the most beautiful in France. On your way today, the most beautiful appellations of the Côtes du Rhône and their small wine growing villages: Gigondas, Vacqueyras, Beaumes-de-Venises. For lunch do not miss the oenological experience offered by Le Clos de Caveau which consists of a commented walk in the vineyards with the winegrower followed by a lunch / tasting at his table. The afternoon continues towards the small villages of the foothills of the Dentelles de Montmirail and the Mont-Ventoux (Lafare, Suzette, Le Barroux) then the plain of the Comtat Venaissin before returning to the castle at the end of the day. Return planned around 6:30pm. 58 km and 970 m of incline
- 20:00- Gourmet dinner in a restaurant in Isle sur la Sorgue (not included in the package.
Day 4: Bike ride in the lavender fields
- 8:30 - Breakfast
- 9:30 am - The day's itinerary takes you to the land of lavender and one of the most beautiful itineraries in the area: the Gorges de la Nesque road. After breakfast, our bike partner ensures your private transfer to Sault, the Lavender capital. From there, you will discover the lavender paths and have the opportunity to visit a distillery. For lunch, we recommend a stop in Sault or Monnieux. In the afternoon, continues with the magnificent and spectacular Gorges de la Nesque. Nearly 20km of descent in a breathtaking landscape. After the Gorges de la Nesque, the route continues on the small roads of theComtat Venaissin to La Roque sur Pernes. Return considered around 6:30pm. 62 km and765m of positive incline -1068m of negative incline.
- · 20:00 - Gourmet 3-course dinner with food and wine at Château La Roque
- · 8:30 – Breakfast
- · Before 12:00 – Check out
Option: Accompanied by a local guide
Why not be accompanied by a local guide who will make you discover the real Provence as a local? Take advantage of his expertise and let him/her guide you to enjoy in all serenity the beauty of the landscapes you are crossing and the lifestyle of Provence. 8 people maximum.
- An e.Bike: The hills and slopes will disappear to give way to the sole pleasure of cycling.
- A helmet
Your navigation tools - we provide you with:
- A Garmin GPS
- A road book with all the tourist information for a pleasant ride.(restaurants, places to see).
- A road map adapted to GPS.
- A Telephone assistance in case you encounter any difficulties
- An Insurance
Destination Provence by bike: prices
The price of the stay "Discover Provence by bike 4 days - 4 nights" - price per person
- Comfort room: 1057€ (HS*) - 1021€ (MS**) - 985€ (LS***)
- Superior room: 1137€ (HS*) - 1093€ (MS**) - 1049€ (LS***)
- Suite: 1337€ (HS*) - 1273€ (MS**) - 1209€ (LS***)
* High season from June 24 to August 19, 2019
** Midseason from May 1st to June 23rd and from August 20th to September 30th, 2019
*** Low season from March 1st to April 30th and from October 1st to November 30th, 2019
Price for an experienced local guide for one day: 300€. 8 people maximum.
Luxury bike tour in Provence: Conditions
- Difficulty: intermediate due to a full day's biking
- From 15 years old with practice of cycling
- 2 people minimum, 8 maximum
We are at your disposal to answer all your questions and specific requests (number of people, itineraries, activities, date of stay). Tel: +33 (0)4 90 61 68 77 - e.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luxury and cycling experience in Provence